These numbers speak loudly for those of us working in the many facets of manufacturing:
- Women make up 47% of the U.S. labor force
- Women make up 29% of the manufacturing workforce
As the U.S. manufacturing industry faces significant skilled-labor shortages, manufacturing plants and facilities are simultaneously contending with critical leadership transitions at all levels. Knowing the statistics, it’s clear that women are playing a crucial role in evolving the industry for the future.
Influential Women in Manufacturing wants to take a closer look and a deeper dive into how manufacturing companies are embracing career development within their organizations. We’re asking both men and women, from entry-level to executive:
- What does career development look like at your company?
- Is gender diversity on your company’s radar?
- What opportunities have for career development have you seized – or created for yourself?
We invite you to take Influential Women in Manufacturing’s first-ever Career Development and Gender Diversity survey. This survey and the report we’ll produce from its findings are unlike anything else available in the U.S. right now. We’re looking at the entire manufacturing industry and how they are handling career development and gender diversity at all levels.
Become a part of history. Complete our Career Development and Gender Diversity Survey